Wednesday, December 31, 2014

OzBsidian dark colour scheme for Oracle SQL Developer

I recently switched to Oracle SQL Developer for my PL/SQL development needs. I have mixed feeling about SQL Developer: it's been in development for nearly a decade, and it still feels very raw. Nonetheless, it has a comprehensive set of features, a fully functional PL/SQL debugger, and you can't beat a free price tag.

However, one thing I wasn't happy about is the default colour scheme. I've grown quite fond of dark colour schemes, notably I like Obsidian by Morinar. It was originally created for Eclipse, but then became massively popular and got cloned into just about every single IDE and text editor... Except for SQL Developer, that is.

I was surprised nobody cloned it for SQL Developer, so I went ahead and did it myself.


The colours are mostly match Obsidian scheme, although not exactly. For instance, the background is a bit darker. Hence the name is OzBsidian to differentiate it from the original scheme.

You can download the colour scheme with the installation instruction from my GitHub account.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Popular Posts